The Mississippi State Office of Technology Management is hosting Intellectual Property Week training sessions next week with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
No prior IP experience is required! Speakers are USPTO experts and session content is tailored to appeal to a broad audience. Participants will interact with USPTO personnel, MSU researchers, students and entrepreneurs. The in-person location is Room 813, 301 Research Boulevard in the Thad Cochran Research, Technology and Economic Development Park.
While in-person seating is limited, we will also host the sessions virtually for those unable to attend in person. Course descriptions and signup information are available at https://www.tfaforms.com/5013730.
Wednesday, Sep. 28
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:20 a.m.: IP Basics and Resources
- 11:20 a.m. – noon: IP Within a Business Strategy
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.: A Further Look at Copyrights
- 2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.: Trademark Basics for Attorneys and Small Businesses
Thursday, Sept. 29
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.: Patent and Trademark Ethics
- 11:10 a.m. - 12:10 p.m.: Diversity and Inclusion in IP
- 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.: Basics of Trademark Searching in TESS
- 2:10 p.m. - 3:10 p.m.: Conducting an Effective Patent Examiner Interview and Drafting and Effective Petition
If you require an accommodation due to a disability, contact Austin Check at firstname.lastname@example.org or (662) 325-9263.