An Eastern gray squirrel scampers along Engineering Row this week. With many making their home on the MSU campus, the small herbivores feed primarily on young leaves, tender twigs, acorns and other nuts, and they nest by forming a leafy ball as a shelter in treetops. Engineering Row is the affectionate nickname of Hardy Road, which is named after the university's third president, John Crumpton Hardy, who opened the School of Engineering in 1902. It was designated as a college in 1963 and named for alumnus James Worth Bagley in 2002. Hardy Road is flanked by buildings housing mechanical, computer, aerospace, civil and industrial programs, and more.